Skip to main content

Shortbread Cookie

My son, was craving chocolate. I was also craving chocolate and decided to make one of my favorite cookies, CLASSIC SHORTBREAD with chocolate chips. I told my son this would be my creation for the day. He told me that "baking was not a craft". I told him baking was a craft. He is on the debate team and was looking for a debate. I told him to look up the word craft and he did.
CRAFT:  
1 : skill in planning, making, or doing
                            2 a : an occupation requiring skill in using the hands 

Here is my creation...this amazingly easy and tasty cookie.
 


2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2cup plus 2 T powdered sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into chunks
1 tsp water
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Add flour, salt and powdered sugar in bowl and stir. Add in the vanilla, the butter and 1 tsp of water. Blend until dough is formed. Put the dough on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a log about 2-1/2 inches in diameter and 10 inches long. tightly twist the ends and chill dough for at least 30 mins.

Slice log into 1/3-inch slices. Arrange on nonstick cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake until the edges are just slightly brown, about 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks until room temperature. Enjoy! makes approx 3 dozen.


Recipe courtesy Claire Robinson-Food Network

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Los Angeles, California...stairs to our apartment in Hollywood

Tikkun Olam project - Crochet Sleeping Mats

I love this idea for a "pay it forward" project. This project reuses plastic bags that are made into a sleeping mat for the homeless. My mother and her friends at Country Meadows in Bridgeville, PA work together to make these mats for the homeless.

Jewelry - Vintage Pendant

This pendant was made with my Grandmother's jewelry. It was an earring that I made into a pendant.