Skip to main content

Judaica - Passover Ten Plagues (1st and 2nd)

Passover is one of my favorite holidays. It is the holiday where we have a festive meal with family and friends and we participate in the story of Passover. In our home it doesn't matter what age you are, everyone gets to participate. I have always tried to make my Passover Seder creative and interactive with crayons and stickers.  In 2001 I made our own Haggadahs that included coloring pages designed for everyone. We still use them and cherish every page that was colored by friends and family. 
This year I wanted to make something to decorate our table.  I will paint ten   4 X 4 canvas blocks to represent the Ten Plagues. I will make and post two a day for the next 5 days.
Can you guess which plague these blocks represent?

Ten Plagues (1st and 2nd)


Supplies:
4 X 4 Canvas blocks
red, dark and light green acrylic craft paint
paint brushes
googly eyes
red and black felt
tacky glue

Paint the first canvas red. When dry cut out a 4 x 4 piece of red felt and glue to back of canvas.
Paint the second canvas with a wide paint brush using both dark and light green paint.When dry glue on googly eyes. Then cut a 4 X 4 piece of green felt and glue on back.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Los Angeles, California...stairs to our apartment in Hollywood

Tikkun Olam project - Crochet Sleeping Mats

I love this idea for a "pay it forward" project. This project reuses plastic bags that are made into a sleeping mat for the homeless. My mother and her friends at Country Meadows in Bridgeville, PA work together to make these mats for the homeless.

Jewelry - Vintage Pendant

This pendant was made with my Grandmother's jewelry. It was an earring that I made into a pendant.