Skip to main content

Lemonade

Today is the first day of summer and it is my favorite time of year. When I was a child we always visited our grandparents during the summer. I loved eating my grandma's (Eula Mae Hix) biscuits, chocolate pudding pie made from scratch, and drinking her homemade lemonade. It is still the best lemonade I have ever tasted.
Here is Eula Mae's recipe...enjoy!
 
Lemonade by Eula Mae Hix
8 lemons juiced
2 cups of sugar
4 cups of water
ice cubes
 
Heat 2 cups of water and 2 cups of sugar in a pot until sugar is dissolved to make the simple syrup.
Let the simple syrup cool. Add 2 cups of ice cold water. Add the juice of 8 lemons.
Stir and serve over ice.

See how to use lemons to make a table decoration
http://phixdesign.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2013-06-19T17:49:00-07:00&max-results=1&start=1&by-date=false


Here is a cocktail recipe that uses frozen lemonade and a marinade recipe that uses fresh lemon juice
http://phixdesign.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2013-06-17T08:55:00-07:00&max-results=1&start=2&by-date=false







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Los Angeles, California...stairs to our apartment in Hollywood

Jewelry - Vintage Pendant

This pendant was made with my Grandmother's jewelry. It was an earring that I made into a pendant.

Sesame Cucumbers