Skip to main content

Art - Weaving

This is how my blog started...

Arts and Crafts has always been a big part of my life. I've helped my children appreciate and enjoy art. I taught children in religious school using crafts. I made gifts, decorated tables and social halls for many events and made things for our home. Knowing how much I like to create, a friend challenged me to make 100 crafts in 100 days and post them on Facebook. I knew I could make 100 creative things but posting them on Facebook was WAY out of my comfort zone. Starting a Blog where only people interested in crafts and recipes could find me was more in my comfort zone. However, this last year I have been doing many things out of my comfort zone and not only have I survived but have grown, changed and love my life even more. I accepted the challenge and posted my first craft on Facebook on 2/22/13. I hope my blog will inspire and challenge you to...
CREATE EVERYDAY.


This was my 100th craft!




Wall Art
Craft 100 of 100
Supplies:
ribbon
thread
yarn
T-shirts cut into strips
scissors
cardboard
  
Add four inches to the desired size of your circle. Cut the circle out of cardboard. Measure one inch marks all the way around the cardboard. Cut 1-2 inch slits at each mark. Wrap string around tabs as you cross the cardboard. Cross all string in the front of the card board. Once you have completed the circle tie all of the string together in the middle with a piece of string and make a double knot to secure. Now you can begin weaving. It is easier if you start with string first and then move on to ribbon or strips of T-shirts. When you are done tie the ends of the strings together. Tie two at a time and go around the circle until done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Los Angeles, California...stairs to our apartment in Hollywood

Jewelry - Vintage Pendant

This pendant was made with my Grandmother's jewelry. It was an earring that I made into a pendant.

Sesame Cucumbers