Skip to main content

Mojito

My husband, Dave likes to garden and has grown a lots of mint. At the end of the summer we dry it out to use in hot water to make mint tea. While it is fresh I love to make Mojitos! I adapted it from a Martha Stewart recipe. My recipe is lighter and not as sweet.
Mojito Recipe

1 cup simple syrup
1 cup whole mint leaves
1 lime cut into quarters
6 oz. light rum
club soda

To make simple syrup, boil 1 cup water and add 1/2 sugar in a small pot. Take pot off the stove and stir until dissolved. Let cool. Divide mint leaves into 4 glasses. Squeeze the juice of the lime into each glass. Muddled the mint leaves and juice until leaves are bruised. Add 1-1/2 oz of rum to each glass. Add ice. Add 1/4 cup of simple syrup to each glass. Fill remaining glass with club soda.

Please note that I prefer less sugar in my cocktails. If you want it sweeter add more simple sugar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Los Angeles, California...stairs to our apartment in Hollywood

Jewelry - Vintage Pendant

This pendant was made with my Grandmother's jewelry. It was an earring that I made into a pendant.

Sesame Cucumbers