Skip to main content

Aperitif

While vacationing in Italy I wanted to find a popular cocktail to post on my blog. I found one in Venice that we really enjoyed. It is a Venetian Aperitif. As you walk along the canal around 5pm you will see many people drinking this bright orange aperitif. It is called a Spritz.

 
This is a recipe that tastes very similar to the Spritz we drank in Venice.
 Fill a glass with ice and add:
1/3 cup white wine, 1/3 cup carbonated water
1/3 cup Aperol  (if you prefer a bitter taste, try Campari)
lemon peel
one olive

Spritz
Here is another recipe I found:
2 to 3 ounces Prosecco or any sparkling wine
1 1/2 ounces Aperol
Splash of Club Soda
Orange wedge or slice
Green Olive (optional


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Los Angeles, California...stairs to our apartment in Hollywood

Jewelry - Vintage Pendant

This pendant was made with my Grandmother's jewelry. It was an earring that I made into a pendant.

Sesame Cucumbers