Skip to main content

Pound Cake

My Mom loves to cook. In my family and old neighborhood she is known for her pound cakes. She has made every flavor and type of pound cake you can imagine from a traditional to Red Velvet to German chocolate. Eventually, I will post all the recipes my Mom shared with her children. The first pound cake recipe I'm posting is the traditional pound cake. It has a pound of sugar, butter, eggs and flour. My Mom found this recipe from CHARLESTON RECEIPTS which was first printed in 1950.



Old Fashion Pound Cake

1 pound of granulated sugar
1 pound of butter
10 eggs separated
1 pound of flour
1/2 tsp mace
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream butter, gradually add sugar and continue beating. Add egg yolks and beat until thick and lemon colored. Sift flour and baking powder and gradually add to batter. Then add mace and extracts. Beat egg whites until stiff, then fold into batter. Now beat batter for 5 minutes. Put into well greased and floured Bundt pan. Bake for atleast one hour until brown and toothpick comes out clean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Los Angeles, California...stairs to our apartment in Hollywood

Jewelry - Vintage Pendant

This pendant was made with my Grandmother's jewelry. It was an earring that I made into a pendant.

Sesame Cucumbers